spreading the sky

Monday, February 05, 2007

Ten Things to Turning Twenty-Two

Wow! so much going on in my life. Here's a run down of things that just happened the week preceding my birthday:

1. I finished the first draft of my thesis and passed it before the deadline
2. I sat in as a reader for Maam Rica's freshman class
3. I made significant revisions on a story I submintted to Dumaguete
4. I organized the Lit Senior's presentation for Humanities Week
5. I attended the book launch of Heights
6. I watched the plenary session of the Reading Asia International Lit Conference in school
7. I got my hair colored by a Korean who spoke no English
8. I presented my thesis in the Read or Die Conference in Intercon
9. I finally got published in Free Press after a long wait
10. I had a small birthday dinner with my barkada

And to top this all, I just turned 22! I've definitely been busy the past weeks, but surprisingly I'm not tired at all. I'm raring to get going with life. I want to write, I want to work, I want to teach, I want to travel, I want to get drunk, I want to get lost in the Visayas, I want to get and MFA, I want to dance in the rain again, I want...oh never mind. There's just too much. I think this was a very happy birthday indeed. Looking forward to so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home