spreading the sky

Friday, June 23, 2006

Swords and Pentacles

In the classic Tarot deck there is a certain symbol known as the sword. In my understanding, swords symbolize a lot of emotional and mental stress. On the other hand, what can be considered the opposite of a sword is a pentacle. Where the sword symbolizes a kind of tormented depression, the pentacle means prosperity and a certain sense of joy. A psychic friend of mine told me that I have an invisible pentacle inscribed onto my palm. If I understand this pentacle in terms of the Tarot, then it would mean I am a naturally prosperous and relatively happy person. True, true.

Some people around me, however, are all swords. These people pitifully lie flat on their faces, pinned to the ground with a forest of swords sticking out of their backs. They worked themselves into their own sordid pit of depression, and now they can't seem to get out. They just lie there, wallowing in their own self-pity, hoping that their problems and issues would magically disappear.

I am not one to wait for these people to get over their own drama. I can carry on living happilly with or without them, because I am pentacles. Don't expect me to be the one to remove the swords from their backs. In fact, the more I stand around waiting, I feel that their depression is transferring to me. It should not my business to get depressed over other people's depresssion. The last thing I would want is for them to get rid of their swords by stabbing them into my back.

I'd love to stick around and be the proverbial good samaritan who would help these people stand up again, but if I keep on waiting I will just end up forgoing myself. I don't need the drama, espicially when the drama is not even my own. This is just slowing me down. It is keeping me from other people I could have met, other things I could have had, and other places I could have gone to. I was patient and selfless before, and it got me nowhere. Maybe it's about time to be selfish.

I'll be around. Call me when the drama is over.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go! You got my mail? = )

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger ino said...

yup yup...tnx darwin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home