spreading the sky

Monday, June 12, 2006

zephyr's flight

"Zephyr in the sky at night"
---This is the first line from Madonna's song "Ray of Light." Over the weekend, this particular line had been singing in my ear. It's really a beautiful line when you come to think about it, since it just sounds so correct, so perfect, and so inevitable. Sound and Sense kiddies, internal music, remember the workshop?

I have been partying hard this entire weekend, so hard in fact that all I did today was sleep. And yes, the most played song on the dancefloor of Government was "Ray of Light." There is something about that song (and about that beautifully crafted first line) that just grabs you violently by the heart and causes you to dance. It speaks of a careless abandon, I believe, like the lone zephyr in the night sky enjoying and celebrating its being a zephyr---its zephyr-ing as they say in philosophy. Romaniticism aside, I totally identify with that zephyr. I'm so enjoying every bit of my being ino, my ino-ing.

Government is so much fun! I have not been to that place in such a long time. Having gone there for the past two nights just makes me want to come back even more. My only problem is that I do not have a gay barkada, with whom I can go out dancing with. My straight friends are all really cool, but it is not everyday that I can invite them to go to Government with me. Sayang, because I became part of the club's VIP list as of Saturday night's party. This means that I am entitled to free entreacne tickets to most of their events this month. The really cool part is that I can bring other people along with me, and they can get in for free as well. Too bad there are'nt many takers.

I need to meet more poeple. The zephyr in the sky at night is cool, but it would be even cooler if there was more than one. After all, the night sky can feel kinda big for just one zephyr.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ino, sis, this aging actress is too old for Government. But here take the party diva tiara, scepter and glittering sash. The world is your runway so go and rampage. Pang Why Not and El Camino na lang ako. Go explore! See and be seen! Perfect! :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger ino said...

i love you darwin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home